The Southern Delaware Estate Planning Council welcomes estate planners, financial planners, CPAs, attorneys and non-profit members in related fields. We meet on the second Thursday in September, November, January, March, and May. Our meetings start at 5:45pm with a cocktail meet and greet and our speaker/dinner starts around 6:30 and concludes around 7:30 - 8:00. However, our schedule is subject to change.
This years meetings are held at J.D. Shuckers in Georgetown, Delaware except for our social meeting, which is scheduled at Lefty's in Lewes, Delaware. Below is our schedule for the 2018-2019 year:
- September 13, 2018: P. Kristen Bennett from Gawthrop Greenwood PC is scheduled to speak on Special Needs Trusts
- November 15, 2018: Dr. Robb Mapou Ph.D from Oceanside Neuropsychology is scheduled to speak to the group about Client Capacity.
- January 10, 2019: Lester Johnson, Special Investigator with the Investor Protection Unit of the Delaware Attorney General's Office is scheduled to speak about Elder Abuse.
- March 14, 2019: Master Patricia Griffin is scheduled to speak to the group regarding Guardianships.
- May 9, 2019: Social Meeting at Lefty's in Lewes, Delaware
This year the board has decided to keep our dues the same at $250 for the year. As always, your meal and a subscription to the Liemberg Newsletter is included with your membership and potential members are always welcome, with their first attendance as a guest of the council.